29 July 2009

Summer...wheewwww

So I know, as always, I've been missing for a while. But, I have good reasons, I promise!

In June I went back to Indy for my best friend Samara's wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and I'm so lucky to have been a part of it. I love them as a couple, they are perfect for each other; you can see the love in the following pics. It's just splendid to say the least.





When I came back I had an interview set-up for a potential new advisor for my thesis. It hasn't been working how I'd like it to in that department, so I decided to take it into my own hands. Now I'll be working on a somewhat secretive project (at least until she publishes the first paper she wants to). But it's with kids!! So I'm thrilled. Now all I have to do is find an "administrative" senior advisor at school. The new person I'm working with has had bad experiences with my current advisor...so I need to find a new one. Send good vibes in that direction please!

And finally...I'm moving...again.

Yup, my old roommate and I....as well as an addition of my friend Erin will be moving into an apartment complex directly over the Bethesda Metro station! This is exciting for my commute and basic functionality. It's thrilling!

The only bad part is packing all the current apartment stuff and the actual moving. On top of that both Erin and Laura will not be here for the move. Erin is in California for a wedding of her best friend and Laura is in England for the summer for school. So I have recruited my brother, dad, Erin's boyfriend, and a friend of mine Haseeb. It will be fun next Wednesday!

OH oh oh...and Laura got engaged...in England!!! Woot Woot. She and Brandon have been dating for over 6 years so this is huge (at least in the minds of her closest friends) We were all wondering when Brandon would decide to pop the question.

hmmm more news more news......

*still thinking*

OH! I'm now dating a guy named Doug....haha...news I suppose for some of you. I met him at Samara's wedding...we hit it off....so we're having a go at it. Unfortunately I live here in DC...and he lives in Texas. But we're working at it..maybe long-distance isn't so bad if it starts off that way? We'll see, I'm sure you'll here more as it progresses. Slightly unfair. He has met my mom and brother....yet, I haven't met any of his family. He even had martini's with my mom! I think he's skipping necessary steps, but whatever, my mom loves him. That's all that matters on that front....lol

Okay...info on Mr. Doug....he's a Med student at Texas A&M.....he's a year older than I am....he's definitely smart....and good looking....witty too....sarcastic (which I like)....and basically amazing....something else you want to know...just ask....

2 comments:

A Davis said...

Looks like the wedding was a blast...you look beautiful in your dress! and doug, maybe we can meet him if this continues? hmmm?...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend some time at home during the early summer - It's always wonderful to go to lunch, hang out a bit, talk, shopp and whatever else suits us for the day! And the wedding planning and festivities were awesome. Samara and Andrew are a delightful couple and equally delightful as individuals - glad I'm part of your circle.
Yup - I love Doug - anybody that likes gin martinis, jazz, and good food - what's not to like?! :-)
loves, Mom