08 September 2009

Labor Day Festivities

Five day weekends are definitely my favorite. Left DC on Friday morning and am not returning until tonight (Tuesday), oh wonderful life.

The weekend was busy but great. Spent Friday night with my mom and two of her friends (Jules and Deb) eating, eating, eating. It's what we do best! Hamburgers and hotdogs -- mini-indoor-picnic. We even ate chips! That never happens, mostly because of the guilt involved with the digestion of said chips. But they were glorious, just the same. Then Saturday we made a jaunt up to good ole Schoolcraft, MI to visit my Aunt Rita and Uncle Steve -- and Allison and Ben and Brennan and Micah and Kenzie and Sydney and Emma....woot! Finally got to see the little one. I wish we lived closer, they are growing up too quickly.

It was a great trip though. I know my mom was thrilled to see her sister and family, and it was great to be able to come into town for it. We stayed they night and then spent 3.5 hours playing mexican train. 3.5!! It was a crazy long game, but I believe I will be looking to get that game in the near future.

After getting back to Indy, I spent the day with my dad on Monday and saw the movie Gamers. Actually was really good. All action, not terribly gory at all, definitely violent though. Unique concept and minimal plot holes. Way to go! Was fun at the very least.

Monday night ate pizza and watched ANOTHER movie Sunshine Cleaning with my mom, brother, and his girlfriend Vanessa. Absolutely great. Funny, sad, family, small love interest, and a happy ending. What more can you ask for?

Then got to spend a couple hours with my good friends Keith and Laura who are leaving for the Peace Corps in Ukraine at the end of the month. I'm so excited for them but at the same time can't believe I won't see them for two and a half years. They will do needed work though.

Winding down a busy but fruitful weekend, back to the grind tomorrow!

2 comments:

A Davis said...

WAIT! james has a girlfriend? why was this not discussed on saturday?!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great time...much love from Hampton Roads, Virginia...Aunt Michelle