20 October 2008

Murder Mystery and Mayhem !!!

It's been very hectic this week, just with classes and trying to get everything situated. All was good until about Thursday when I realized I still needed an outfit for Saturday night's birthday party. Murder Mystery and Mayhem parties are themed and you spend a good portion of the night talking to others trying to figure out who the murderer is, like in Clue.

Well, my character was Veronica Lake from the 40s and 50s. First issue, I didn't know what people in the 40s and 50s wore....second issue, where to find an outfit in DC for under 4o bucks from that era....and thirdly which shoes??!! Which of course was the main part, because shoes are amazing.....yes yes I have a shoe problem, but on the upside I always have the right shoes (until I don't and have to go shopping!!!)
Ok so back on topic...I had to be Veronica Lake, she was the one that coined the peekaboo hair style. I ended up doing a non-curled version because hot rollers are not my thing, and were not cooperating in the least. Plus my hair is short so I was out of luck.
As far as the outfit goes...Erin, Katie, and I went shopping on Friday in Georgetown but totally failed to find a single thing. Ended up eating Johnny Rockets and going home empty handed. But it was okay!! Because I had a little black dress (yes, every woman should have one) and a green shrug I received from my friend Courtney in Chicago. I had no clue where I was going to wear it when I got it for my birthday, and now I know! It was great, the perfect outfit. Anyway pics...




And now on to class *WOOT WOOT* and a meeting....wait, scratch that and reverse it. hehe

1 comment:

Samara said...

Yay, pictures! I'm happy to see them, sounds like a great party. I'm glad you make sure you get out and about and enjoying D.C. while you're there.

Love you! Call you again sometime soon.