22 August 2008

Money

This is ridiculous!! I absolutely hate the system that colleges seem to have set up for student accounts. They lose money, they can't find money, they have no idea who their lenders are, and then they expect you to be okay with them saying it's just a fluke in the system. Well sorry, but the kind of money it takes to go to school out of state should not be subject to flukes!!

Ok, rant over. Basically the loans I have/need are not showing up in my account. I talked to the financial aid people; they said it's there and will show up next week when the IT problem is taken care of. The problem I have is that I can't apply for a loan refund until they fix that problem even though my money is there. Point being it's MINE! lol....anyway second rant over. I'm alone for the weekend because Laura went home for her mom's birthday and her anniversay. She and Brandon have been together 5.5 years! Crazy huh. And no they're not getting married for at least 2 years, but he's supposed to be asking her this spring (per the plan that I am a part of -- woot woot) She doesn't read this so it's ok!

I am still talking to one of the professors about working with her this year. She is leaving after a year but I love the work she is doing, so I'm excited just the same. I will give more info on that if it progresses. If it does I have the very real possibility of working and contributing to at least 3 different publications. AKA WOO HOO.

Finally, in this crazy time. The silly toilet clogged. Not a normal clog fixed with a plunger. Oh NO it is a crazy clog caused by our neighbors toilet! Pleasant. At least it doesn't smell..just can't use the toilet in my room for a bit. It's ok though because we have two! Yup two. It's awesome.

Ok loves ciao

3 comments:

cool rita said...

So glad to see you blogging. This will be a great way to keep tabs on you, one of my favorite gals!!!. Miss you already! Love, Aunt Rita

Erica said...

Great to see you agian on blogdome! I can't believe you are doing this...what an adventure...just move to DC and be a grad student! So this is only a one year program? I can't wait to see pics of your place.

Gail said...

It's a two year program...but the professor is a visiting professor, she travels for the studies she does. So I can only work with her a year. She will help me setup for my thesis and find a supervisor, but I can only work under her a year. It's still awesome and great research experience with children so woot.