31 August 2008

Q and A

So Aunt Rita wanted to know what it's like living in DC with elections looming. Basically, it's the same as everywhere else. Except!! When you're eating in an everyday restaurant and see a heavy politician! It's like seeing a celebrity...lol....you have to call the people you know and then ponder what/who they may have been talking about. My school has speeches and conferences going on pretty constantly right now because it's one of the biggest academic arenas in the area. I plan on getting into one or two of those; I'm sure it will get crazier the closer it comes to election.

Not sure on who's republican, democratic, or independent in my readers, but I'm an Obama gal right now. And I can't believe that McCain picked the governor from Alaska. I believe it was a poor choice, that he was hoping would bring Clinton supporters over to the republican ticket. Unfortunately for him, I think it just insults those democratic Clinton supporters, and confuses those Republican supporters who wanted experience (as she's 2 years Obama's junior, and not nearly as many years in service).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're blogging again darlin' daughter! :-) smiles.

I'm in your camp on McCain - I think is could sit women's rights back tremendously. Typically as a bit more of a libertarian in this camp - I was not sure which way I would vote - I have now made my choice. Obama is the lesser of two evils as I see it.

Loves to you dear,
Mom

Samara said...

Palin scares me witless with her views on abortion and abstinence-only sex-ed. She's nutters, and the population of Alaska isn't that huge, for those of her supporters who claim she has more executive experience than Obama. Indianapolis probably has more people than that whole state...

Glad to see I found your blog. <3