18 September 2008

Daily Craziness




So today was nuts. Started it off with waking up to Laura in the kitchen making coffee...AT 4:30am!!!! She was up because she needed to complete a memo for her boss, or something. Didn't really fall asleep after that, so read for fun instead woot woot. Then at 8am had to drive Laura to Georgetown for a class that was rescheduled at that very inconvenient time. She would have driven herself, but I had a dentist appt. at 9:30 and needed to car to get to it.



Anyway...then I proceeded to get lost going back to the apartment because from 7am to 9am you can't make any left turns off of the road I was on. Of course, that was the direction I needed to go, and when I finally turned and got going the right direction I was in the middle of nowhere. Took me an hour and a half to figure out how to get back the direction I needed to go, and I managed to walk into the dentist appt. only 2 minutes late.

Dentist was an emergency of course; I needed a filling replaced that had fallen out on Sunday. He was awesome though, and only charged me half the actual price he usual charges because I paid with cash. Again, greatness!



THEN.....Went to class; that was calm. Had a meeting afterwards with Dr. Bryan Fantie. This is the professor I may be working on my thesis with (now) because the person I originally wanted is not available. He is great though; he is willing to work with me and make sure I am working on a research project I find interesting and have the opportunity to work on numerous other projects to get experience. After my meeting with Dr. Fantie I had a meeting with Dr. Kearns about SA (Self-administration) techniques. He is going to show me how to perform brain surgery on rats, and apparatus connection techniques. It's invaluable experience, so I'm thrilled he's willing to teach me.(That's Dr. Fantie in the red shirt, in the picture)




And now I'm craving pizza so we're going to Ledo's Pizza down the street. It's slowly working it's way to becoming one of my top pizza places. Yum Yum they're white pizza is delicious.

1 comment:

Samara said...

MMM, pizza. You are making me hungry!

Sorry about the getting lost part, I understand the craziness and frustratingness that is getting lost. Puts me in mind of crazy finding-parking stories from GenCon, wish you has been here for that. You need to see Gamers II: Dorkness Rising.

Miss you more than life. Hope life is doing well, glad to keep reading about your life even if I can't get ahold of you by phone. Call you tomorrow? You are off on Fridays, right?

LOVE.