22 September 2008

Weekend Getaway

Sooo picture from that Meet and Greet night at Rumors with my 2010 Psychology MA class (we are so tiny) It's kinda blurry, I'm working on getting a better picture up soon. From the left -- Adrienne, Ali, Erin, Darcy, Amy, Jill, Katie, Sarah, Saundra, Patrick, Brandis, Vera, and ME!
There are about 3 missing from that picture, I believe.
Anyway, this weekend I was in Indy doing an impromptu birthday visit to my mom. Came in on Friday at about 5pm and went straight to dinner at La Hacienda (with live music from middle-age rockers, it was kick-butt wicked) then on to see the movie "The Women" - the third remake!!

First was in 1939, then one named 'The Opposite Sex' in 1956, now this one with an awesome female cast. It proved to be a great remake. My mom and I laughed to the point of almost peeing multiple times, eww gross. It had sad moments but for the most part was great and truly showed the ups and downs of life and dealing.



Then on Saturday my mom, James, and I hit the DSW shoe sale for her birthday gift. She got these snazzy ballet flats and a pair of soft spot clogs; they are so awesome I also got a pair. If you've never worn a softspots shoe you are seriously missing out. They feel like you're wearing just socks when you're actually wearing heels!!
Then on to cheesecake factory for delicious-can-only-eat-half-a-piece cheesecake which gave us the energy to go to Kohl's and shop some more. I got a new purse and earrings there and replaced my wallet that has seen it's last dollar.
Oh, and I also got a pair of strappy white heels. Did I mention I have a shoe problem?? I do, there it's admitted now. hehe
Finally finished off the night with dinner at MacCalister's with Samara and Leila mostly talking about wedding stuff (Samara is getting married for anyone who doesn't know) She has picked a date, which is helpful for Leila and I to plan the bachelorette party and wedding shower, whoohoo for fun times. We are wearing fern colored dresses, although the guys are being stubborn about wearing champagne so I think Samara is trying to get them to agree on something besides blue...lol.
And now I should study for the Stats exam that's on Wednesday so I'll update soon with more pics, promise.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi darlin',

It was a remarkable movie and cast - multigenerational - both of us laughing and almost crying at the same times. "Women" for other movied buffs is worth the money.
Thanks for a woderful weekend and great birthday celebration - I enjoyed the entire weekend!
xoxxo
Mom

A Davis said...

i haven't seen it yet, but want to. great to see you love what you're doing!! can't wait to catch up! A

Samara said...

It wasn't all wedding stuff, you make it sound like I never shut up. =/

Miss you! Wanna hear about how school is going. You need to update more. *poke blog* And I have a new job. No more info til you call me! <3