03 November 2006

I love Technology

I just got done installing my new external harddrive which will allow me to backup my computer so that I can reformat it without losing everything. Considering I have almost 10 Gb of music alone, I am thrilled!

This also means that GUST is finally able to start the film editing process. In the past we had to save everything to discs, which are only about 7 Gb (keep in mind that 15min. of footage is about 5 Gb). I am soooo happy. Talking about the film...GUST had it's first official film footage selection meeting on Wednesday - very productive. We got through almost 8 tapes or 8 hours of footage. It took us about 3 and half hours but it was fun. I love watching everything again and talking about the kids and their antics. There's this one clip where we're all sitting around the first night after getting into town telling what our first thoughts were when we arrived. I said, " I'm walking down a dirt street with luggage....I'm incredibly white." it was very funny....maybe you had to be there...not sure.

I also just finished scheduling my classes for next semester. During this process I realized 3 things: that I could graduate this year with a major in Bio and two minors (by the way this is not what I'm doing), that IU's program for scheduling is obnoxious, and that trying to sign up for labs is crazy when they're at the 400 level because there are only 40 spots that fill up quickly. Oh well...life is life and it involves crazy computer programs.

Random Thought of the Day: "I want to go skydiving!"

No comments: